AMR Career Opportunities
AMR posts our career opportunities on this page when they are available. Check back often for our latest openings.
CURRENT OPENINGS 9-1-22:
Are you ready to join a team of professionals who, while having fun, work to provide excellent, customer-focused services in the hospitality and meeting industry? Do you have experience and/or expertise in this area but are ready for a “change of scenery?” If so, please send us your resume! We are looking for experienced individuals to join our team and whose core values align with ours.
This position requires working with multiple non-profit associations. Responsible for overall event management, both virtually and at in-person meetings.
- Set up and run the platforms, such as Zoom, used to conduct live events to ensure proper visual and sound quality
- Facilitate meeting entry, breakout rooms and other coordination among facilitators, speakers, and participants.
- Provide technical assistance and problem-solving during live event.
- Extract recordings, chats and other artifacts to be provided to participant’s post-event
- Site selection of future conferences/ meetings/events
- Contractor selection, budgeting, management, and contract negotiations (based on bids)
- Administration of housing block
- Exhibit and sponsorship sales
- Development of marketing materials for conferences/meetings/events
- Internal registration of attendees
- On-site operations that include registration, VIP management, breakout sessions, functions
- Strategic, operational, and budget planning/development and implementation
- Serves as primary liaison with internal and external parties
- Coordinate program development – conference theme, session selection, scheduling, and room assignments
- Coordinate special events, i.e., banquet
- Coordinate speaker recruitment
- Prior experience managing all logistics of an event, both virtually and in-person meetings
- Prior experience managing virtual events
- Strong technical skills and the ability to navigate several platforms simultaneously (i.e., Zoom, PowerPoint and virtual platform)
- Proficiency of Zoom platform and features
- Liaison between customers, technical team, and internal staff, with the ability to troubleshoot across teams
- Knowledge of virtual event platforms
- Prior experience and comfortable using all platforms of technology (i.e., Zoom, Teams, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with accounting procedures and practices; understands budget development and management
- Prior database management experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Customer service experience
- Must enjoy and be good at multitasking (working with multiple projects/people at the same time)
Position location: Virtual and On-Site at Events
Please include salary and benefit requirements in cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
How many years of Event Management experience do you have?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Send application letter and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's work together
AMR would be honored to have the opportunity to partner with your organization. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
37637 Five Mile Rd., #399
Livonia, MI 48154
2123 University Park Drive
Okemos, MI 48864
Copyright 2022 - Association Management Resources